We dropped Allison off with my parents and headed to Newmarket for Nathan's high school friend, Brian's, wedding. The wedding was a great time for Nathan to visit with his buddies who he hasn't seen in awhile. While they caught up, I wandered the grounds and enjoyed the delicious foods. It was a very big, elaborate wedding (they even had Irish dancers!) and we were very lucky to be invited.
We stopped at Brampton on our way back to Boxall to have lunch with Nathan's parents, then we headed out to see Allison.
Allison didn't seem to notice that we had been gone - she had such a good time with my parents (and her cousins).
On our first day home as a family (Nathan had this week off from work) we decided to go to Port Stanley's main beach for fries and orangeade at Mackies (a restaurant with a long history on the waterfront).
After we had lunch, we decided to walk on the pier, which lead to walking on the beach, which lead to Allison wanting to put her feet in the water.
Our second day we spent exploring around my parent's house. We walked back to the lake and spotted deer tracks, made dandelion crowns, and sang the alphabet to the lake.
Our next day was spent in the field (next to my parent's house) splashing in the water, watching the ducks, and trying to find tadpoles. We also went to the cemetery where our boys are buried. I like to go to make sure the grave is clear and clean, I don't go to talk to them and I don't tell Allison what I'm doing there because it's not something she needs to carry when she's so young. She has started to ask me about having another baby, and her desire for a sibling, and I have no problem being direct about that not ever happening, but I know it's not fair to try to have her share my grief.
My favorite part of the week was celebrating Allison's fourth birthday. We celebrated a week early because Nathan wouldn't be here next week, and because Dallas, my nephew's, birthday is two days after Allison and that would have been a lot of cake.
I made Allison a rainbow cake and she helped put the sprinkles on top. We had a family dinner at my brother's house and Allison loved having the birthday attention.
































No comments:
Post a Comment