Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Restoration House Gala

On Saturday night, Nathan and I, along with 3 other couples from our church, attended the Restoration House Gala. Restoration House is a charity that focuses on rehabilitating victims of sex trafficking, which is a growing issue in the USA, and a big problem in Kansas City.  Our church has had a long connection with Restoration House, and many member are volunteers.

This was our second year attending the event at the Intercontinental Hotel on the Plaza. It is a beautiful hotel and the perfect location for such an important event. We had a great time (the guys were all a little tired from traveling to Emporia, KS for the day for an Ironmen Conference), and I loved an excuse to get dressed up.

I wasn't sure what I was going to wear to the event, but knew I wanted to wear a really pretty black skirt I bought at consignment shop that was having a closing sale last summer. You could fill a bag for $5.00, and I put at least 10 things in that bag, so the skirt cost me, maybe, 50 cents. Then, on Friday I went to Forever 21 (way too young for me, but in my budget for a wear once clothing) and found a lace top for $3.99, and a tank top for underneath for $2.90. I already had the shoes and jewelry, so my fancy outfit cost me about $7.50.



No comments:

Post a Comment