Allison's personality gets bigger by the day. Every time she hears a new word, she starts using it in sentences. She's begun trying to parent me, "Mom, that is not where the markers belong!" or "Mom, that is not part of the bedtime routine!" or "Mom you're doing bedtime routine in the WRONG order!" She can't speak at a normal sound level, what starts out as "Mom, can I whisper something in your ear?" ends with her yelling in my direction. She can't stand sit (or stand still) which is why her last haircut left her hair 2 inches shorter than I meant to cut it. She also finds strange places to put things. For example, this is where she put her tablet when I asked her to take it to her room.
As I was putting Allison to bed last night, she asked what was on my sweatshirt. I told her it was a game controller for Nintendo, a game system I had when I was a kid. She looked thoughtful, then asked, "You mean like a Switch?" I only know what a switch it (new Nintendo game system) because I saw a viral video of a kid getting one for Christmas. I don't know how she even knows about a Switch! She has always been a cool kid though.


No comments:
Post a Comment