Sunday, February 25, 2018

Jerry Smith Park

I've been wanting to visit the Jerry Smith Park and Nature Reserve for about a month now. I've been patiently waiting for a break in the cold weather and for a day when Nathan was home.

Today we finally got a chance to go. The park is located 20 minutes from our house, and it has many trails to enjoy.

There were several structures (old houses, an abandoned house, an log cabin), and several interesting spots, like a lookout over the prairie, and an old tree that had two swings on it. We found a large pond to explore too.

 

 
 
 


 

 

We spent two hours walking around before the sun started to fade.

As we were walking back to our car, a man approached us saying he recognized Nathan. Nathan had taken care of the man's mother while she was a patient at KU. This is the second time in 2 months that I've seen Nathan approached by former patients. The man was at the park to launch a rocket ship (that he built) and his friend had brought a drone to record it. We were able to watch for a bit before we headed home. Allison thought the drone was very interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh this would be an amazing afternoon! I like older homes and exploring paths. Very cool Amanda! And the pics of you and Allison on the swing are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete