Friday, February 16, 2018

Science City

My friend, Katie Carrington, invited Allison and I to join her and her kids at Science City, in Union Station. Katie was able to get us in on her pass. It was our first time at Science City and it was INCREDIBLE! The space was huge and there was so much to do! There are a lot of places to take kids to in KC but many of them are small and you can get through them quick. We spent the entire day at Science City and I still didn't see everything. From trains to magnets, dinosaurs to living reptiles, DNA to maps, balance to energy, optical illusions to water, there was no shortage of information.
 I loved the sand area because it taught kids (and me) about topographical maps. I'm not sure how the lighting worked, but when the sand was pushed to a peak or a space was dug out, the lighting changed and you could design a map with the sand.
 I really liked the optical illusion "Mister E Hotel". There were tons of optical illusions, plus, there was a booklet to explain each and why it affected your brain. Allison loved the "disappearing body" illusion.


 Animals included birds, snakes, iguanas, turtles, chameleons, spiders, and fish.
 This is me playing in the DNA replicating lab.
 Allison and I playing (our version) of chess.
 There was a huge outdoor space that focused on gravity, levers, and pulleys. Plus there was lots of space for kids to climb and run.


No comments:

Post a Comment