Saturday, February 2, 2019

Penguin Walk

Each Saturday and Sunday at the KC Zoo, there is a penguin walk. A group of penguins walk around the perimeter of their enclosure a few times. It's the only way to see these animals without glass in between. At first when I mentioned going to the zoo (because it was predicted to be 15 degrees today - yes, a 30 degree change in 4 days), Allison resisted because she says the zoo is boring and that she has NOTHING to do while I sit and stare at a hippo for 15 minutes.

I told her we were going because it was good exercise to walk and that many animals probably wouldn't even be out because it was so cold.  That seemed to cheer her up. Many animals weren't out, but the bird cage was full of activity. We spent 25 minutes in with the birds and Allison seemed to really enjoy it - she didn't want to leave when it was time to go see the penguins.



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment