Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Baby Bath


A few weeks back I noticed that Allison wasn't interested in her daily naps. She would get tired and sleep for only 20 minutes or so. In total, she MIGHT nap for an hour and a half each day. I couldn't complain because since 5 months old, she's been sleeping 12-13 hours each night. 

Lately she'd been getting really whiny in the day and I was doing all I could think of to calm her but nothing was working. I brought the jumper (that Anna and Rich lent us) back upstairs, and even though I thought she was too small for it, she loved it. She just needed to get used to it. She bounces in it for hours - until her head actually starts to flop around because she's exhausted but doesn't want the fun to stop. 

Now that she's exerting some energy she naps like a champ! She's taking 3 naps a day and having her occupied frees me up to do some tasks around the house. I love it as much as she does! I bring it into each room with me and she can watch me (she's starting to cry when I leave her alone in a room). She's quickly outgrowing her swing/chair and the motor is working overtime!

Her bath is also a perfect way to get some energy out. I'm thankful that she loves the water so much (she always has) since Nathan's mom tells me stories how he would scream each time she tried to bathe him. Even while in the NICU, Allison loved the water - and she prefers it really warm and will spend about 40 minutes each day in the tub (I add hot water 2-3 times) because she dramatically starts to shiver if the water temperature drops even a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment