Tonight we attended the annual Whitefield Trivia Night. We had 2 tables (of 10 each) of families from Wornall Road and we were seated next to each other so all though the night we were able to chat.
The trivia night was a fundraiser to buy a large plot of land behind the school that can be developed as the school grows. It was a big success!
First we had a buffet dinner, then we had 4 round of 10 questions of trivia. Our team won second place! I take no credit for it since I only knew 3 answers, but my contribution was to theme and costume. If you know me, you know I love a theme, and I LOVE a costume! The event was held at the Camelot Ballroom, so I suggested that we name ourselves the " Knights of the Round Table." The quirky part was that we would each pick a word to represent that began with the "Sir" prefix, then dress in a costume that represents that word. I also made the table decorations (I wanted to go bigger but I managed to rein myself in).
I was a Surrealist (Frida Khalo), Nathan was a Surfer, and we also had a:
-sirloin
-surfeit
-certain
-surprise
-surplus
-survivalist
-server
-surgeon
It was a lot of fun, and we even got to pick a prize for winning second place. I picked a Whitefield scarf, and Nathan chose a hat. We left them on the table and Allison was very excited to see what SHE won from trivia the next morning.
**I've already thought of an idea for next year's theme.





No comments:
Post a Comment