After Dunlap we travelled the 45 mintues to the Tall Grass Prairie Park. On the drive I say this car peaking through the brush and insisted we pull over to get a picture. I had to do some mild trespassing to get a good photo but it was really cool.
The prairie was beautiful. I'm glad we went in the spring and not the summer because I would imagine it would be unbearable in 100 degree weather. There was no shade and no trees and even though the sun wasn't too hot, the wind was loud and fierce. Luckily we were all wearing layers so we could wrap a layer around our ears when it got painful.
Near a stream, Allison wandered off and suddenly we heard a rattle, then a scream. It was pretty scary but Allison was able to quickly get away from the snake and from then on we stuck to the trail.
At the end of the trail was a homestead and school building. They were currently closed to tourists but we were able to peak in.
No comments:
Post a Comment