Allison has been asking to change the color of her room since we moved in. Her room is a very light pink and after a friend told her that pink is for babies, has decided she hates pink. I knew she was acting out so I told her that if in one year she still feels the same way, we could change her room.
I'll admit a big part of the reason I didn't want to change her room was because of how expensive a room makeover would be. I talked it over with Allison and told her that I would paint her room and add a few new elements but that it would count as her Christmas gift from Nathan and I. She was happy to accept and a week before Christmas I finished her room.
Allison chose the bold teal color (even after I tried to sway her with a lighter color), and I came up with the wall mural to help break up the heavy solid color. Her room was also updated with new bedding, a mirror, and wall decorations.
After:
Allison's favorite part of her new room is her full length mirror. She loves to use dry erase markers to draw pictures and write notes. I found this note on her mirror recently.








No comments:
Post a Comment