Friday, February 26, 2021

Quilted Coat

 I've wanted to make a qulted coast since I saw one on Pinterest last summer. I made this coat over the winter but haven't had much chance to wear it until this week. 

Rather than cut up an existing quilt, I made my pattern, then created quilted pieces that I sewed together. I really wanted a raglan sleeve and that was a big challenge - especially for the quilted part. 

I used a Log Cabin quilt pattern for the back since it is one of my favorite patterns. 

I also call this my table cloth coat since the coat was made from 4 table cloths, 1 sheet, 1 pillowcase and a shower curtain (lining). The material cost $5.25 (City Thrift) and the batting I got at an estate sale for $2. 

This is my $7.25 quilted coat.

I played around with the Log Cabin squares for a week before I finally decided how I wanted it to look.

Making sure the pattern piece fits!

Quilt Sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment