Today was Nathan's last day of sleep medicine! He's now finished 2 rotations! Although it seems like we've been in Kansas City for a year, this portion of Nathan's school seems to be passing by much faster than our time on Saba. There is always something going on here. Tonight we wanted to get out of the house and I saw that The Band Perry (an up-and-coming sibling country music group) were performing a free concert in the Power and Light District. I really like their music so we decided to go. The band was to come on a 9 and we arrived at 8, but the outdoor venue was already filled to capacity with droves of people in cowboy hats and blue jeans still looking to get in. As we were circling the venue and trying to decide if we still wanted to try to get in and immerse ourselves in the sea of sweaty bodies (did I mention it's been almost 100 degrees lately in KC?) the band walked right by us! I mean- touched shoulders with me! It was so odd because I was in a huge group of people who were trying so hard to get in that they didn't even notice the band walking within the madness! They quickly jumped intoa van to leave the area but I was left searching for someone else to confirm what I just saw! We decided not to try to get in - it was just tohot and crowded. However, as we were walking back to the car, we noticed that from our parking spot we could see part of the stage. So we drove up to the top level, parked the car and had a little rooftop date (with some beer-drinking, beside the truck peeing, lawnchairs in the back of a pick-up people beside us). There was a an amazing breeze and we could here and see the concert quite well.
PS- Happy Canada Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment