Saturday, July 30, 2011

Diverse

The fan in Nathan's laptop has been slowly dying for months. Although it doesn't affect his work or the workings of the computer, he's wanted to get it fixed, but as usual, is waiting until he gets the final push to do it. This time, his waiting paid off! Kumar, the husband of one of my new church friends Christa, works in an office that was discarding old Lenovo's and was able to get Nathan a computer that he could use for parts!
We were invited over to their house tonight to pick up the computer. Kumar is one of the pastor's at the church and he often preaches when John Mark isn't there. Tomorrow is one of those days, so while Christa and I visited, Nathan sat with Kumar and helped him with his sermon for tomorrow.
I had a great time visiting with Christa, she has one of the most genuine smiles I've ever come across and always finds a way to make me open up to her. I even helped her oldest daughter make an apple pie while I was there.
Nathan enjoyed helping Kumar because he feels like he's contributing to the church. They are a great couple and we were lucky to have spent the evening in their company.

I took these pictures within 30 seconds because that was all Nathan said I could have to interrupt his studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment