Sunday, February 12, 2012

One Year

Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother
She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colors, oh well
Life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no
Ain't even grey, but she buries her baby

The sharp knife of a short life, well
I've had just enough time

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

The sharp knife of a short life, well
I've had just enough time


Every time this song comes on the radio I try to turn it but I can't. It's such a wonderful song and even though I can never get through it without tearing up it makes me really happy to hear it. 

Being away from Nathan today was really tough but I knew that I would have a good day today. I figured I should get my tears out in the morning so I sat in bed and read all the wonderful cards and notes I received from friends and family. I don't expect people to remember the exact date, but that some did, and that others have sent emails and messages saying they knew the date was approaching and were thinking of us made such a difference to me today. I felt very supported and after my mom and I had a good morning cry over our coffee's we departed on a mother-daughter day  which included church, lunch, the mall, and fabric-land!

No comments:

Post a Comment