I finally (2 years in the making) finished my wedding ring quilt. I made extra large borders to make it a decent size. I love the way it turned out it's definitely one of my favorite quilts. I just absolutely love it and I think I might send it away to get it quilted rather than do it myself.
I also finished the twin bed duvet cover for the bed Scarlett uses when she comes to visit. It was so easy to make (I'm so thankful for the button hole maker on my sewing machine). The lining of the top took along time but it was worth it!
For my next project I wanted to do a multi-colour quilt and I picked a rainbow palate. It can be hard to do a rainbow pattern without it looking like a kids quilt but I love how happy the colours are together and I had alot of solid scrap pieces to use up so I added them to the 1/4 meter fabric selections I bought from Fabricland last week. I saw a pattern on Pinterest (so addictive) that I loved and can't wait to try it out. It's so much easier than the wedding ring quilt and I'm sure it will be a relatively quick project.
No comments:
Post a Comment