Thursday, March 1, 2012

Maple Lane

This week I was about to leave for work when I noticed that all the maple trees on Lake Line have been tapped. It must be SPRING! Palmer's Maple Syrup is made just a few doors down and each spring they collect all their sap locally to make the best maple syrup ever. Each weekend in March they also host open houses where you can tour the syrup shanty, each pancakes, and do some fun kids activities. I'm excited to take a tour sometime- maybe I can get a backstage pass.

After work I caught up with Ray and his friend Larry collecting the sap to transport to Brian Palmer's house. Yesterday I drove by on my way to work and saw my dad out helping Ray collect- it's a neighbourhood project. The sap is collected daily- especially after a freezing night and a warm day.



No comments:

Post a Comment