It's been months since we've had weather above 0 degrees. It's cold all the time and it's taking a toll on Nathan. He hates being couped up in the house. I, on the other hand, and a self described "house cat." If I left my house once a week I would be okay with that. Add that Nathan has been sick for the last week and he's ready to make his escape.
We've been killing time in from the cold. Nathan has his Canadian exam in a few weeks so he's been studying each day - and taking breaks to come visit me. I've been compiling a list of crafts and patterns that I want to complete once I return to KC. The prices in fabric and supplies is so different between the two countries that for now, I'm just making a plan of all the things I want to learn to do. One thing that I've always been interested in was doll making- specifically Waldorf dolls. I read about a woman who makes them in my latest Canadian living and started to search for a pattern. I didn't have the materials to start the doll but I had some scrap cotton so I pulled it into a head shape to practice. It's only a head right now (no hair) but Scarlett found it and cradled it for most of her visit- I took it as a compliment that it looks like a baby (even without a torso or limbs).


No comments:
Post a Comment