Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mommy Stress

Today I had my first outing with Allison (and my mom). We went to Walmart to pick up her vitamins and a few baby items that I needed at home. I really needed to buy baby nail clippers because she gave her face a wicked scratch last night.

She lasted about 15 minutes before she started to fight against her car seat and I had to pick her up- so I was really thankful that my mom was there to help me because I don't know how I could get groceries, push the cart, and carry her at the same time. Plus, I had to stop to let strangers gush!

When we made our way to the checkout I saw the portrait studio. Allison needs to get her picture taken for her passport and visa so I thought why not try? Ugh, it was so stressful. I had to put my hands up the front and back of her onsie, she wouldn't open her eyes, I was stressed, and everyone walking by rubbernecked us.

After trying for 30 minutes, Allison refused to open her eyes for the picture so we decided to pack it in and try again later.

After Walmart we went to the Health Unit to get Allison weighed (6 pounds 10 ounces) and then to Dr. Hussain's office to see if she would take Allison on as a new patient (she saw Allison in the St. Thomas Hospital). I'm glad I got Alli weighed because when she gets weighed on Thursday (her first doctor's appointement) I can know how her feeds are going and if she's gaining enough weight.

I'm not on a schedule yet and her feedings are not predictable - she eats 50% more through the night than the day and more often at night than day. She's a definite night owl and I need to get that turned around. Luckily I have my mom who says, "go take a nap!"

My mom took some pictures of my struggle in the passport booth and I can laugh now but at the time I was ready to let someone else take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment