Saturday, July 6, 2013

First Week

I've had Allison home for a week now and I'm not surprised by how much work it is, but I am surprised at how tired I am. A screaming baby at 3pm doesn't bother me, it doesn't even seem that loud, but at 3am - I feel like my head is going to explode.

Allison had her first doctor's appointment on Thursday and she did really well, despite the 3 vaccinations she received. She cried a little bit and her little bandages on her legs made me so sad, but she was a trooper. She was also weighed and is up to 6 pounds 12 ounces. I was worried that she wasn't eating enough because her intake has dropped off since she came home but I guess she's doing ok!

As the week progressed she started taking more, but at the same time started sleeping less. Preemies are known to be real 'grunters' and even when she's soothing herself or sem-sleeping she's so loud! I have a hard time sleeping in the same room as her but I just don't trust my monitor yet.

I've been really lucky that my mom took this week off because I definitely needed the help. I'm a little nervous to have her go back to work next week!




1 comment:

  1. She's so, so, so, so, SO cute!! I'm a pretty paranoid Momma; I can only imagine the basket case I'd be with a premie. I do the same thing every baby: first few nights they sleep in a basinet next to my bed and I wake with every grunt. Next few nights I move the basinet across the room. Next few nights I move them out the bedroom door and I'm up ten times a night "just checking." Haha, Jaron tells me I'm crazy all the time. :)

    Hang in there - motherhood gets better and better!!

    ReplyDelete