I pulled Allison out of bed so that I could take her downtown (30 minutes) for my doctor's appointment. On our way to the appointment I was approaching a steep hill and I was behind a tractor- trailer. I didn't want to wait for it to inch up the hill so I moved into the lane to the right. As the light turned green, I noticed the truck begin to slip back - and not a rolling, standard roll. It gained speed as it rolled back about 25 feet and smashed into the car that was approaching behind it. It totaled the car that was to my left. Thankfully the driver was unharmed but I was so shaky that it should have been me - and that I could have been sandwiched between the rig and the line of cars approaching behind it.
Once I got to the hospital, found parking, walked to the long, windy road path that took two elevators (one down, then one up) I reached the clinic, only to be asked the worst, most annoying, most obvious questions..."Did no one call you?"
After that, I went to the library, where I had to deal with a fuddy duddy who refused to believe that I returned one of my books (even though the two women ahead of me had the exact same problem). He told me that it may have been missed but that if they couldn't find it I'd have to pay the "library price" and not the "Amazon price" - which is nearly double.
It was a very long morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment