For dinner tonight, I wanted to make fettuccine Alfredo, but I realized half way through food prep that I didn't have the proper pasta. I got out my pasta maker (that I bought so that I could roll easy pierogi dough) and added the pasta attachment for slicing.
The dough fluffs up when it cooks so I should have made it a little thinner (or just paid the 89 cents for a box of it like a normal human being) but it was a fun last minute option.
My mom is helping to run a fundraising event at the hospital she works at in St. Thomas and the event is a 1920's/Gatsby style evening. I offered to make headbands for my mom to sell at the event (I donated my time to make them). They were very time consuming. I had to sew the tulle flowers, arrange the feathers, find the gems or beads, than put it all together....and then attach a clip so that the decoration could attach to the headband...and then I had to cut and connect the bands. My mom asked for 25 in September and I've been working on them most days. I pushed to get them all done before she arrived, but when she arrived, she told me that the planners had upped the request to 50. My mom watch Allison while I worked and although it has been a bit of a time crunch, we got it done.
And after some creative packing, they will make it home safe on Sunday.




No comments:
Post a Comment