I am not involved with the PTA at Allison's school. I probably should be because I could meet some new people and they do some great work for the the school, but I've put it off because usually what you do in those types are groups are everything I don't like. I don't like committees or group projects because they are usually a waste of time, I don't like fundraising, cold calling or asking for help, and I don't like planning events that will always leave someone displeased. Instead, I try to participate in the events they hold and donate money when there are fundraising events.
Today's event was at the Emerald City Gym. Allison loves the gym and she was very excited when she saw that three of her classmates were there. "My friends are here!" She yelled when we pulled up and she saw them walking in. I knew two of the moms there (from other Rainbow School events) so we chatted while the kids ran around. I tried to talk to two other moms but it turned out they weren't from the school and were just there for the open play.
Allison loved the foam pit and the swing.
I was driving a new way home....ok, I was a little turned around, when I passed a thrift store and decided to stop and check it out. It was really small and crowded. It was called Pennies from Heaven, and it looked more like a garage sale than a shop (which I loved). The woman working was very friendly and informed me that "All clothes are $2 or you can fill a bag for $5. The record is 27 shirts." I didn't get anything for myself but I did find two new barbies for Allison (for $1 each). It's definitely a place where you might not get something each time you go in, but you will eventually find something amazing.










No comments:
Post a Comment