Today was the first event that Sarah B. and I held as Children's Ministry Leaders of Wornall Road. We have been working non-stop to clean cupboards and closets, reorganize the handbook, deep cleaning the classrooms, and taking stock of and buying new toys for each class.
I've put a lot of pressure on myself to get a lot done because I'm leaving for Canada for a month and Sarah will be on her own and I want it to feel like I've pulled my weight in our partnership.
A new element to our Easter service was the "Children's Moment" when all the kids came up to the front of the church and our pastor read them the Easter story from the Storybook Bible. Allison was more interested in her friends than the reading and mid-story, she turned to me and loudly said, "Mooom! I don't want to listen to this story!"
After the kid's lesson, the kids went back to the childcare rooms and Sarah and I went out to the yard to hide the eggs. We hid over 500 eggs! We divided up the hunts this year so that ages weren't mixed which was a BIG hit with parents who didn't want to have screaming toddlers on the way home.
It was definitely chaotic without Nathan there to help me with Allison but Allison said she would be my special helper and helped me take all the posts and signs down after the hunt.
After church we walked next door to say Happy Easter to our neighbors and take some pictures in front of their blooming perennials.
Nathan finished his work shift early today so we were able to meet up with some friends from church for dinner at Loose Park. We had a picnic while the kids played. Allison was very excited to be included in the big-girl game of "no boys allowed."
















No comments:
Post a Comment