Here are the details posted:
Experience Helzberg Penguin Plaza Exhibit behind the scenes with penguins waddling all around. During this experience, you will learn about our cold weather penguins and have an up close and personal encounter with some of these magnificent birds.
When I arrived, our group (of 6) was taken to the penguin house. We went into the kitchen (where food is prepared for the birds) and two penguins were brought in.
I was lucky because the penguins were interested in my shoe laces and coat, so I had the experience of feeling their beaks and their flippers hit my legs. But the other people in the group clearly expected more (as did I). One woman asked when we'd be going to the see the rest of the animals. It was strange to stand in a small room with two penguins waddling around. The employees were kind and knowledgeable but 30 minutes is a long time to stand in a circle watching penguins.
I'm glad I went, but I don't think it's a zoo event I'd recommend.






No comments:
Post a Comment