Saturday, March 3, 2018

Zoo in March

I try never to go to the zoo on Saturdays because it's always so busy, especially on a warm, winter day. Allison and I didn't have any plans today and when I asked her what she wanted to do, she said, "get an Icee." Icees are a delicious, sugary, iced drink that was my favorite drink as a kid. We get them at the zoo (when Allison doesn't misbehave).

At first I thought, I don't want to face all the people at the zoo, but then I thought about growing up with my mom who would often suggest we drive into St. Thomas (a 20 minute drive) to get a coffee or an ice cream cone, just because. Since I didn't have any plans, I told Allison to get dressed and we could go.

The zoo was BANANAS! I don't think I've ever seen so many people at the zoo! I loved all the people in shorts and tank tops, acting like it was 25 degrees and not 12! We didn't have  an agenda for the day so we just wandered wherever the lines were shortest. We spent way too much money at the goat feeding station, we rode the carousel twice, had an Icee, pretended to be cheetah on the rocks, then had a long talk about respecting animals when I saw a couple throwing their sons snacks to some African birds (so that they would be more active and his wife could take a better photo).

We quickly spent 4 hours at the zoo, came home for lunch and then both decided we needed naps.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment