I've been wanting to go to the Kansas City Northern Miniature Railroad since I started making my KC summer bucket list a few months ago. The train runs in a small field next to the Line Creek Park Trail (another item to explore on my list). Our friends, the Meyrings, held their daughter's 5th birthday at the event. They rented a tent and had cake (McLain's) and drinks for us to enjoy before we each set out to explore the face painting, bounce houses, live music, free train rides, games and exhibits.
It was a fun day and I'm glad Nathan had the weekend off so he could enjoy it with us. The only thing I didn't enjoy was when I suddenly felt a shooting pain in my toe. It was so painful, I was nervous to look at it because I thought I stepped on glass. Turns out, a bee had stung me and left behind a stinger.
No comments:
Post a Comment