Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wonderful Sunday

Today Nathan and I went to church at Faith Baptist and it was really great. The pastor’s wife, Mrs. Coleman came over once we were seated to chat with us (which I really appreciated) and she’s always welcoming and polite. The service was amazing, especially the music. I’m not sure what her first name is, but I know she’s a Banman (because I worked with her sister at Sterling) and she’s unbelievably gifted. I’d guess she’s my age and she’s the leader of the worship team. She plays a bunch of instruments, the most impressive of which is her voice. She’s so talented and genuine (which is often hard to find in worship leaders) and it made the morning that much more of a treat.

After we came home, Nathan got to studying while I went to meet with a small group of women at the Wilson’s house to discuss starting a girls discussion group at the YFC (Youth for Christ Centre).I think it’s a great idea and I’m looking forward to being a part of it, but it’s not something I take lightly and I know it’s a big responsibility. I’ve really found that in the last month I’ve come across so many new opportunities to give (and receive) that I honestly owe to my time in Saba and living outside of my comfort zone.


No comments:

Post a Comment