Monday, November 22, 2010

Movember

For those who don't know, Movember is a fundraiser and awareness for prostate cancer where men grow a moustache through the month of November and take pledges to keep growing the moustache. There is a committee at the St. Thomas Hospital (the Mo-Sistas) that wanted to have a pancake breakfast to raise funds, so-- of course, Nathan and I volunteered. We had to be up at 4am-- YES 4AM! It was a very early start, and I basically went in my pajamas - which was fine since they completed my already charming outfit with a surgical cap. Nathan loved flipping pancakes and he had great oppurtunities to talk to a few of the doctors on staff and also the president of the hospital. I was at the other end of the room, and whenever I watch Nathan I'm always so proud of him that he can talk to anyone, get along with anyone, and even standing in a surgical cap, serving pancakes at 5am, you can tell he's a wonderful person.


No comments:

Post a Comment