Saturday, December 31, 2011

End of 2011

Even though the weather has been amazing here in KC, I decided that I really needed to get motivated to buy fall/winter boots. I found the perfect boots but they were WAY out of my price range so I started to look at local outlet stores to see if they had similar models.

Nathan had a pastor leader meeting at the church this morning so he had to be out the door at 7:30am. I had a hard time sleeping so I got up at 6 to make some chocolate chip scones for the guys. Nathan said the smell of the goodies and the Timmy's coffee I had brewing was the perfect way to wake up.
When he got home we drove over to the DSW outlet. The clearance sale that was on had been going on since Christmas so many of the styles I really liked didn't have my size. But there was one boot in the right color and the perfect size and it was nearly identical to the Ugg boot that I originally picked out. I saw a woman eyeing me trying them on and she was hovering to see if I'd get them. I guarded them up to the counter. I really like them and am so happy to have them. My parents gave me money to buy myself something so... thanks Mom and Dad!
After putting my boots on in the parking lot Nathan said that he wanted to see a movie. This is always difficult since Nathan and I don't like any of the same movies. We always end up seeing his style of movie when we watch movies together because, as I rationalize it, I like going to the movies alone, and I can go anytime - Nathan never has free time for this type of treat. Nathan really wanted to see Tin Tin. I had no idea what Tin Tin was (other than what he looked like and that Nathan read the novels/comics when he was a kid). The movie was in 3D and with 10 minutes to spare we made it into the theater. It was a good movie for a kid movie. The effects were really interesting, and I love watching movies in 3D so it was a great afternoon.
 I think Nathan and I are officially old. We were ready for bed at 11pm tonight. We just couldn't stay up any longer. On the upside, we did get to celebrate and kiss at midnight when the fireworks that the neighbours set off at midnight woke us from our slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment