Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Card Exchange

Through the support group I meet with in KC for women who have lost children I found a website that connects women all over North America. It's an open site and while I don't visit as often as I used to, it's a useful and comforting place to go if I'm having a bad day. About 2 weeks ago I saw that the woman who runs that site was starting a Christmas Card Exchange. You sign up with your information and you are put in a group of 10. You send out 9 cards, one to each woman on your list. I thought it was a great idea and was excited to sign up. The list was late going out but I received it yesterday and quickly got to work. They were harder to write than I thought they would be. One woman has lost 5 children, my heart broke when I read that. There was one woman one my list who really touched me - she lost her one and only baby. Everyone else on my list has other children. Her card was easier to write.

When I was getting ready to send them I thought how I wished I'd had something to put inside the card. I didn't have time to make anything since I wanted to get them in the mail today. I started to look through my craft stuff to see if there was anything I could whip up and when I opened the last box, I saw them. The snowflakes that I made after thinking how I wanted to make an ornament for Michael. I opened the bag that I was keeping them in and there they were - 10 snowflakes, one for each of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment