After a busy day of traveling yesterday I arrived home safely at 10:30pm. My dad drove me to London at 11am so that I could take the AboutTown airbus from London to Detroit (I got pulled in and questioned at the border) but it went quickly so I was thankful. Then I took a flight to Charlotte, then I connected back to Kansas City. I thought I would pass out but I was pretty wired from catching up with Nathan so I didn't sleep much.
I felt really awkward in the morning because I forgot so much of our routine- Nathan even left without his coffee! Oh well, we'll do better tomorrow.
Today I cleaned a bit (Nathan actually did a great job of keeping the apartment tidy) then did some grocery shopping. Nathan did not keep up on that. There wasn't even any peanut butter or jam! The fridge was stark. So today I did some running around and stocked up the fridge. After I dropped Nathan off this morning I took out my new issue of Canadian Living and started to make of a list of ingredients I'd need for some of their suggested recipes (they always turn out great) and then I surfed the sale flyers. It took me awhile to do the shopping (the stores were all packed) but it was fun to wander around and take my time.
After I unpacked, I cranked the heat to 70 (Nathan has been living at 60!) and baked some blueberry muffins to get some wife smell back in this place. It's good to be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment