Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Name Game

After 4 years of  nudging I finally decided that it was time for me to change my name. I know I've been lazy about it but it's so much running around, waiting in lines,and dealing with paperwork (all things I don't like doing) that I put it off; however, when I saw my last ultrasound and it said my maiden name and the tech asked about my "boyfriend" since Nathan had filled out paperwork with his last name, I KNEW I needed to get on it. I know alot of women who keep their maiden name and more power to them, but I want our family to have the same last name. So after several days, driving to London, St. Thomas, and Aylmer, I finally was able to get everything changed.


This was a bit of a surprise- I didn't have to show any proof that I was married to get a different name on my passport. My birth certificate still says my maiden name and they didn't even need a marriage certificate. I just asked for a different name on a government document and they didn't bat an eye! I thought that was strange but I'm sure they check these things out.


I was able to do a few of my other errands while I did my running around- I finally got the backing fabric for my quilt since Fabricland has their 40% off sale this month, and I had an endocrinologist appointment yesterday. She said I was still doing well but that I needed to gain more weight so that's my next to do! At least this one will be enjoyable to check off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment