Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer Friends


My Dad returned home from the Shouldice Clinic in Thornhill today. He'd been there since Wednesday having a hernia surgery done. He's doing well but moving really slow. I know it's hard for him to have my Mom and I nagging him all the time to lay down and rest (since my Dad typically never stops moving).

We tried to get him to stay home and rest today but he wanted to get out of the house so we all headed down to our friend Donna's house for a Summer Party. I can't believe the summer is almost over. We've only had one week of real heat so it feels like we were cheated out of a summer. My friend Ashley didn't know if she could make it today so I was so happy when I walked in and she was there!


We all sat around the pool and enjoyed the sunshine (Allison slept almost the entire time). We had pulled pork, salads, and homemade french fries. We were in charge of the fries and spent the morning in the garage hand-cutting all the potatoes. The were cooked perfectly at the party and were a big hit with all the guests.




No comments:

Post a Comment