Monday, September 9, 2013

Packing Up

Well, today is my last day in Boxall before the big move. I'm excited to see Nathan again but I've become so comfortable living in Ontario. Everything is set up here and it's Allison's first home- plus, I get so much help from my parents. I feel so lucky to be stuck between wanting to live in two places. To have two homes and two sets of great friends. I feel so divided each time I leave. I had a big cry today while packing up my childhood room. I've always had my room at home- even when I went away to school for 6 years, then got married, then Saba, then KC. I always came home and my bed was there and I still had clothes in the closet. It feels like I'm growing up and I'm scared to do that!
I'm really going to miss living with my parents. It's difficult because I don't know when I'll be back. In the past we've always known I'd be back for long stretches, but now it'll be to visit. Oh...I get teary just typing this. My parents are real superstars and they've made me feel like Allison has 4 parents.
I was really sad last night when Fraser and the kids stopped in and at one point there were 6 of us in the bathroom while the kids played in the bath. I thought how much Scarlett and Tanner love my parents and how much fun they have and how I want Allison to know them and have a similar relationship. Right now I'm just focusing on how much fun it will be for Nathan to "meet" Allison in a few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment