I'm always writing about how much I love kids dress up clothes and a few weeks ago my friend April asked if I would be interested in putting together a few outfits for the 4-5 year old room at church. Our church is swelling with little people and the rooms are being split up and Rachel, the Children's Ministry leader, suggested some new activities and April suggested asking me to make outfits.
It was a perfect fit and I've been working on the outfits every change I get. It takes so much longer than you'd think (planning, making patterns, buying fabric, cutting, sewing, ironing) but I love it.I had made many of the items before so that made the process a little faster.
I was really thankful when my mom offered to watch Allison for a few hours so I could complete all the outfits for Sunday (when the new rooms are opened).
My favorite piece is the fireman jacket. I went shopping with April and couldn't find the perfect fabric and she suggested duck cloth. It was perfect. I had a friend ask me to make a fireman Halloween costume last year but I was too intimidated but now I know I could do it! I love how it came together and I think it's one of my all time favorite dress up pieces.
Allison's favorite show is a cartoon called Dinosaur Train. Last week we had alot of fun putting on our dino tails and crawling around the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment