Tuesday, September 9, 2014

IKEA

Tomorrow is the BIG IKEA opening in Kansas City. I guess since we've always had (close) access to an IKEA and that I think most of their products are bad quality, I've never regarded it as something to get excited about.
IKEA has a promotion for the first 50 people to get free couches, and the next 100 to get free chairs. People have been lined up since Monday morning. People are losing 3 days worth of work (but let's be honest, they don't have jobs) to get a free $200 couch. It's insane! They'll even be shuttles the first day from nearby parking lots!

We were having a quiet night and Nathan, my Mom, and I decided that we would head over to Merriam KS to check it out. It was only a 15 minute drive and the weather was perfect so we had a great ride.

We had to pass 3 security guards just to see the people in line! They were in line inside the parking garage entrance. Nathan quickly thought up fibs: "We're here to camp out!" "We're here to pick up our friend." And when we drove off my Mom said to the guard, "Oh, there's too many people for us to stay!"

I was a nervous wreck because I hate breaking the rules and even though we were technically allowed to be there, I didn't feel right taking pictures of the crazy people in tents so I snapped these quickly.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment