Nathan has the weekend off but we didn't make any big plans. We got up this morning and tried to agree on something to get us out of the house but nothing sounded good. We went on the visitKC website and saw that the American Royal Parade was on at 10am and immediately we knew that's what we wanted to do
The Royal is an annual event that brings in BBQ, 4H, rodeos, and everything in between. It's a hugely popular event (but we've never gone). We managed to get downtown just as the parade was starting.
After the parade we were starting to get hungry so we went a few blocks away to Danny Edward's BBQ. DE is a small restaurant in an industrial section of town (right next to the railroad tracks). Nathan wanted to go for his birthday but it never worked out so I'm glad we were able to go. I'd never been before but it was delicious. It was a little spicy (which I liked) and I had the pulled pork sandwich while Nathan had the burnt end sandwich. We sat outside because it was a gorgeous day - 28 degrees with a slight breeze.
Allison doesn't like meat but she loved the pulled pork!
No comments:
Post a Comment