Today started on a sad note as JM resigned as lead pastor of Wornall Road. We knew it was coming but I was still emotional about it. Thankfully, JM and Jill aren't moving out of the area and they will stay members at Wornall. JM has taken a job with the North American Mission Board for church planting. Church planting is JM's specialty and it's a surprise that he's stayed as lead pastor for so long (but we're grateful he did!). When I think about JM resigning, I think about my family doctor, Dr. Hofhuis. He's been in our home town for decades- he lives and works there and sometimes I think that he must feel trapped because so many people depend on him. It would be hard not to live your life for others- especially when you have such an important role in people's lives.
I'm glad JM is moving on and doing what he loves.
We take our monthly (funny) family pictures but today we all looked so good after church that I wanted to take a few pictures in the backyard. I put Allison in a dress because she was covered in stains by the time we brought her home (she gets into everything). She wasn't in the mood to take pictures so once we got a few nice ones we packed it up.
We didn't have our Sunday night gospel community group meeting tonight, but we still went over to Danny and Katie's. I made a caramel apple pie and we enjoyed a couple of hours of visiting until Allison let us know she was ready for bed.
Tonight a new tenant moved into the back house. It's a nurse from St. Louis and I'm looking forward to meeting her in person tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment