When my parent's first came to KC we took them to the plaza for some Jack Stack BBQ. It's good BBQ but we've been introduced to so many amazing (more rustic) BBQ places that we haven't been back. My mom really wanted to go back but it's so hard to take Allison anywhere. Nathan suggested we order a takeout dinner as a treat since today was his only day off.
We ordered a mixed plate (pulled pork, ham) and ribs. The meal came with sides of fries, coleslaw, cheesy corn, and baked beans. It was delicious and terrible (I ate WAY too much- but I couldn't stop). It was a great compromise to our Allison issue.
Allison is getting better at standing on her own and the last few days she's been getting more brave. Today she took a step from the table to the couch but only my Mom saw (my Dad and I were talking) so I'm not going to count it.
Allison loves attention and my parents give her heaps. She loves that they clap for her and overwhelmed by everything little thing she does. She loves her Fridge Farm magnet and repeatedly presses the button to play snippets of banjo music. Tonight she was standing an clapping to the music like it was no big deal!
Today is also Grandparent's Day and I was glad we could all celebrate together.



No comments:
Post a Comment