Thursday, January 21, 2016

Girls Days Out

I've introduced my Dad to Netflix and he's found a couple of shows that he really likes so my Mom and I have been taking full advantage of it, by asking is he minds watching his shows during Allison's nap time (so that we can hit the town).

We don't travel to far, we went to JoAnn Fabrics, a few thrift stores, Walmart, and Ulta Beauty. I decided I was ready to move out of drugstore make-up and while the price was shocking, I was ready to make the change.

This morning we did a family outing (minus Nathan because he sleeps during the day). We went to Scheels. It's a big box outdoor store that is similar to Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop. It was a cold snowy day so I thought we could have some indoor fun there.

There was a big fish tank, a big hill of stuffed animals, a mini-bowling alley, a toy space, a target practice, and the best part - a Ferris wheel in the middle of the store!

I was hoping that Allison wouldn't be tall enough to ride because I thought she would hate it when she got half way through the ride but she was tall enough and she loved it! She rode it twice! There were only a handful of people in the huge store (I guess a little snow deters KC drivers) so we got to ride the second time for free.






 
My mom and I also were able to sneak away to see a movie. I never go to the movies and I was really excited to see Brooklyn. I think one of my favorite things is when my mom and I see a movie that we think is bad but everyone else around us thinks is good. People in our theater actually CLAPPED at the end, and my Mom and I looked at each other like, "Were we watching the same thing?" I mean, it was okay, very similar to The Noteboook, and I love the leading lady but when I'm watching a movie and the guy starts saying things like, "if you loved me you'd _____." My brain says "he's the villan! Run away smart girl!" But apparently a large group of people have been swayed by the Sex and the City model of romance - if it's easy, it's not love! SATC is actually the last movie my Mom and I saw and both didn't like.

I thought that is wasn't awful because I connected with the feelings of homesickness but also the claustrophobia of returning to a small town, but I just couldn't get on board with the story. And the sets and clothes weren't anything special either. It was a B-, but I'm glad that I had my Mom there so that we could delve into the details on the drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment