I was nervous to drop Allison off at preschool today. We've been talking about her class and teacher while at home so that she would remember. She seemed excited to go to school but when she got there she freaked out. I made the decision that I would start saying goodbye rather than sneaking out and it was tough to leave but I know Teacher Laura can handle it. Plus, I told her that she could call me if Allison started throwing up from stress.
My parent's were having a day to themselves and Nathan and I had plans to go out to the museum but I wanted to give him a couple of hours of sleep since he'd been up all night. My friend, April, dropped her son off at preschool and had some errands to do, so I hopped in her car and we caught up on all the happenings of the last few weeks.
I went home and picked up Nathan for our date. Nathan has never been to the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art in the 5 years we've been in KC. I've been 2 times before but it always surprises me. It's a gorgeous space with amazing pieces, and it's free! Well, it's not as free as it used to be. Parking used to be free but we found out today that it now costs $8 to park. It was still a great deal and well worth it.
The space is so large and there is so much to see that by the time I get half way through, I'm exhausted. I start skimming over things and then I feel guilty to the artists (it's so strange). I think my favorite piece was the mummy and it's sarcophagus. I especially loved reading the myth of Isis and Osisis to explain why bodies were wrapped in strips of cloth.
After our trip to the Museum, we had just enough time to grab a burger at Culver's before we had to head to Allison's school.
Nathan decided to take a nap since he doesn't want to mess up his sleeping schedule too bad (he has two nights off) since he still has another week of nights to go.





No comments:
Post a Comment