Sunday, January 10, 2016

Snow Storm



Whenever I come home, one of the things I look forward to the most is visiting with my friend, Ashley. While I’ve loved being home for the holidays, I’ve been so busy that I haven’t seen Ashley as much as I’d like. 

My mom offered to watch Allison this morning so that I could make the 25 minute drive to Ashley’s house for a visit. When I left at 9am, it was rainy and windy but very mild. Ashely and I sat for hours in her living room chatting about everything when I decided (at 1pm) that I really needed to get home to get Allison down for a nap. As we walked to the door, Ashley said, “Wow, it looks really bright out there!” We walked closer and saw that it was snowing. The wind we had heard wasn’t the rain, it was a small snow storm. 

I never like travelling in the snow but I knew the weather was only going to get worse so I headed out. There are three possible backroads I could take home. I tried the first two but had to turn back because my car was fishtailing all over the road. I was only going 50km/h but I was still sliding. Thankfully, after over an hour, I made it home safely (white knuckled and pale).
Allison and I both had a nap before the lasagna dinner. Before Shelley gave all the kids a bath, my Dad put them all in the corn hopper to play. They all look so happy!


 

Tonight we had our last family dinner before we go back to KC. We leave on Saturday so we thought that tonight would be a goodnight to have a pot-luck at my parent’s place.

No comments:

Post a Comment