Sunday, June 18, 2017

Happy Father's Day!

Nathan was at work today so it was just Allison and I. I had to be at church early because I had volunteered to help out with a few church morning preparations since some of the regular attenders were out of town today. Allison was having one of those days where her way of being entertained was to badger me and no amount of timeouts or takeaways (no dessert or tablet time) was dissuading her.

I was thankful to have a break during the service, although I did stop in to drop off some worksheets and got this picture of Allison listening to the lesson the Halls were presenting. The second photo is of Sarah and I. Sarah and I have been working together to run the Children's Ministry the last few months and it's been a great partnership and our friendship has really grown.
After a long day of badgering, Allison was being especially rude and I my sanity was wearing thin. I gave her a timeout in her room and on her way there decided to pick up and throw toys as she went (her new strategy to get a rise out of me). Instead, I just kept adding 5 minutes to her time. She got to 20 minutes before she crossed into her room. Then she tried her martyrdom tactic, "Well! I guess no one loves me anymore and I'm just going to stay in my room forever!"
I could see her from where I was sitting on the couch. She wandered around her room a few times, then gave a big sigh, crawled under her covers, and went to sleep.

She woke up from her nap and shouted, "is my time out done yet?!?" I told her it was and then we talked about being kind and listening. She asked to draw pictures so I got out her supplies.

I started making dinner and she asked me to look at her picture. We are currently in the stage of "Watch me! Look at this! Wanna see something cool?" So I turned and she held up her picture. "Mom, this is you crying for all the bad things I said to you today."

She's such a treat.

This is the note from Allison's class on Friday where they prepared a craft for Dads.

This note is from church today when the Sarah Hall asked Allison questions about Nathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment