Whenever I'm at a thrift store I always look for large pieces of fabric, curtains, or blankets that I can reuse into costumes or crafts. Before we left for Florida, I passed this large piece of fabric that was labeled as curtains, at a local thrift shop at one of their 50% off sales. I would never normally buy this bold yellow color but I knew what it would be perfect for.
Using this tutorial, I was able to make this simple Belle dress for Allison. I originally made it with a yellow rose in the center, but Allison INSISTED it be red.
It's been ready for a week but she's been too grumpy to try it on for me. Today she had a better day at school (it's been a lot to get used to in a new classroom) so she put it on. We took a few photos and them put "Tale as Old as Time" on so that we could slow dance around the living room.















No comments:
Post a Comment