Allison wakes up by 7am each day and yells for me to "come wake her up." This means that I get into her bed, shake her awake and she pretends to want to go back to sleep and says things like, "ugh, it's too early. Five more minutes." Allison always wakes up high energy. There is no building of personality, the minute she wakes up she is singing, yelling, dancing, and wanting attention. Today she was a mini tornado and after spilling my coffee twice, yelling in my direction a handful of times, I sent her to her room to relax and five minutes later I went to check on her and found this.
I've almost done my sewing class that I've been hosting on Monday nights but one big deficit that I've faced is not having enough machines. The girls don't have their own machines so I've had to depend of the generosity of friends to share their machines. This week, Aldi, my favorite grocery store, was selling mini sewing machines for $12. I looked at these machines online and this is the cheapest I've seen them. I decided to buy one and see how it worked.
The machine is so tiny! I can sew ANYWHERE! No, seriously, it has a power cord but also works on AA batteries. It even has a tiny foot pedal. I tried it out with flannel because that's the fabric for our quilt class. The machine was able to easy sew through 4 layers of flannel and did a good job. It has speed control and a mini-light. It's simple but a great starter machine, it comes with 4 pre-wound bobbins and an extra needle and for $12 it's a steal.



No comments:
Post a Comment