Saturday, July 7, 2018

A Long 3 Weeks

It has been a rough 3 weeks of Nathan working every day, and Allison not having summer school. I have been struggling with keeping a good attitude throughout the day when Allison and I are both clearly sick of each other. We have no escape from each other and Allison has resorted to "little sister mode", where she pokes at me and climbs all over me, pulls on my clothes and makes a big scene in the grocery store because she thinks it a) funny when I lose my mind b) would rather have me angry with her than ignore her.

We quickly get in a cycle where we wake up grumpy with each other, her being bored with my desire for independence and quiet, and me in a state of "rage wait", knowing that any moment she will do something that break me.

We've been trying to break up or normal routine with fun outings (going to Walmart to find these Cotton Candy grapes - which totally taste like cotton candy!) or the zoo, or picking up a donut from the grocery store that we can share while we shop.
While I was making dinner (or in her eyes, refusing to play with her), Allison put all her stuffies at my feet and told me that I was "surrounded" and being taken to jail for being a bad mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment