I've wanted to take Allison on a horseback ride but I it kept getting pushed out of my mind by other things. Last month I found a groupon for the Wild Rose Equine Center in Dearborn, Missouri and I knew it was the perfect time to try a trail ride.
We didn't have any plans today and since Allison is off school for Thanksgiving, we made the one hour trek to the country to ride our horses Horizon (Allison), Mystical (Me) and Cowboy (Nathan).
It was a cold morning to go for a ride but we spent most of the time in a forest area so we were protected from the wind. We were the only ones who signed up for the early morning time slot so it was just us and the owner.
Allison had a great time and while she loved the horses, she really fell for the farm dogs that went on the ride with us. After our ride, the owners encouraged us to walk around the property to see the other horses, the miniature horses, the hogs, goats, donkey, chickens, and cows. Allison spent most of her time trying to convince a herding dog to play- and he had no interest in that.


















No comments:
Post a Comment