Nathan took the Joy of Cooking out of the local library (he always says he wishes he were a chef) and tonight he picked a BBQ recipe that was delicious. It's nice that Nathan is able to use this downtime for things he's interested in and to have some fun.
We were lucky that we went out yesterday because a big snowfall hit today and the roads were really bad. Nathan jokes that you know you're country when your dad uses a backhoe to shovel the walkway to your house.
With the snowfall, we've been seeing a few critters coming a little closer to the house - searching for food. This guy came right up to the house and the proceeded to play dead for about 1/2 an hour when I approached him to take his picture. After I left, he snuck into the garage and ate half a loaf of bread! My dad eventually caught him. So I guess now we ask..are there any possum recipe's in the Joy of Cooking?
No comments:
Post a Comment