Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No News.....Yet


Today I had my 19 week ultrasound. My appointment was at 8:15 – the first of the day, and due to the small storm we had last night, several appointments after me were cancelled so I was able to get a few extra minutes with the tech. She did a really thorough examination (about 20 minutes) before she let Nathan come in the room to see. I was really happy to have Nathan with me today because he couldn’t come to my first ultrasound. He thought it was so amazing to see him/her. I say him/her because even though the tech knows FOR SURE what the sex is, she wouldn’t budge on telling us – saying that it’s unethical for her to tell us – which is what I guessed – but I was still hoping to get it out of her, since we were the only 3 people in the whole office.  
So that means we have to wait until next Thursday to find out. After seeing the ultrasound, I think it’s a girl because the baby looks like me! Nathan is still thinking boy so we’ll be debating facial features for another week. I can’t believe the baby is already a foot long! While we were watching the ultrasound, he/she kept waving at us; it was really weird but amazing to see that the arms, legs, spine, heart, brain, and lungs are all working and growing. Nathan was especially intrigued by the 4 chambers of the baby’s heart. It's amazing that next week I’ll be half way!

No comments:

Post a Comment