Our apartment here in KC is all wood floors and we have a rug in our "living room" but I wanted one for the front door. My friend Ashley sent me a website (www.stumbleupon.com) that is a great way to find new craft sites. I saw a picture of a crocheted rug and decided to try it out. I went to Maj-R- Thrift and found a 2 metre piece of brand new fabric (still had the Joanne's tag on it), ripped it into 1 1/2 inch strips, then used a large crochet hook and worked in the round until I ran out of material.
Wow, my hands got a workout from trying shifting the weight the thick fabric! I saw another picture online where the crafter used different colour sheets and made a rainbow rug for her kid's room. I absolutely loved it, and if I had somewhere to put it/someone to give it to, that would be my next job. The project only took me a couple hours to do but I really enjoyed it. and it's really easy on the tootsies.
Our church is having a garage sale for the Brookside neighborhood at the end of May and I'm thinking of maybe doing a crafts table, but I'm going to talk to one of the organizers first and see what she thinks.
No comments:
Post a Comment